Sunday, January 4, 2009

End of Week 17

No baby kicks or movements yet this week, but I am still waiting! According to the book, Baby Lake is working on swallowing and sucking this week in preparation for future eating on the outside! Ironic as I spent this past week at my parents' house working on eating yummy things myself (not to mention getting spoiled, catching up on sleep, and lots of attention)! The books say that Baby Lake is, "about the size of your palm, weighs about five ounces, and she's developing some body fat (join the club, baby!). Her heart is now regulated by her brain (no more random beats) to beat 140 to 150 times per minute — about twice as fast as yours!"
Amazing to think that all this is contained in my belly. While others who look at my belly say they can't tell a difference yet, I certainly can tell quite a big one myself. I am hoping to go shopping for maternity pants this week as I know it won't be long before Baby Lake forces me out of my regular pants and into new ones! All very exciting!

4 comments:

  1. Maleia is getting a belly! I can't wait to see it and touch it!
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooohhhh! I can't wait for sonogram pics either! Make sure to make them dummy proof for me so I can tell what's what! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, enough of the girl talk and now with the man talk. The baby is going to be born on my birthday and that would be alright!!! Good luck hitting the 8th. Only the best have been able to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that baby is smart, which we already know it is by looking at his/her Dad...and Mom, too, :) it will be born on the 3rd. Why not make it three for that date??? :)

    ReplyDelete