Thursday, January 22, 2009

1st Ultrasound January 22, 2009

Well, the baby had its first modeling job in front of the camera today (OK, Doug, it's actually a transducer) . And the technologist remarked how squirmy s/he was! Everything was as it should be and Doug and I could see so much very clearly. The heart with 4 separate and moving chambers, spinal column, ribs, brain (yes, it's a great sized brain!), arms, fingers, legs, toes, kidneys, stomach, diaphragm, eyes, mouth, etc. We even saw it swallow, punch, and kick a few times (yummy crab apple jelly on my morning toast from Patty)! All the measurements worked out perfectly for a baby not in the 20th week, but in the middle of the 18th week. Yup, you read it correctly, we're back to the 18th week. Deja vu! Our new due date is June 22nd, which was Maleia's Grandma Rome's birthday! Sorry to all of you who were hoping to match your early June birthdays! I guess that gives us a bit more travel time, 2 more weeks in the easy 2nd trimester, and more procrastination time to not get things ready around the Lake household! Everything else checked out great. I've gained 4 pounds in 5 weeks. The placenta is in a good attachment location, and the heartrate is 150 bpm. And yes, Doug did see enough to know if it's a she or a he! Happy viewing!

1 comment:

  1. I loved the profile pic! I guess Jeff, Tracie, and myself won't have to fight over what date the baby will be born...not like we had much control over that anyway! You do have a little belly. Maybe it makes more sense why I was a little bigger in the pics I sent you last week! Baby Lake will be here before you know it, so don't worry about the date being pushed back. I am so glad everything turned out perfectly. That's a relief and many prayers have been answered!

    ReplyDelete