Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Winter Olympics Omaha 2010

We had our own Winter Olympics of sorts here this morning! Grace and I blew through a few feet of soft powder on the driveway to land on packed snow on the road. We dodged a few moguls and did a beautiful side twist when we turned the corner. We fared well through the 5-6 foot snow and ice luge that used to be the round a bout and entry into the subdivision. We kept our skis straight the rest of the slick, icy roads until we arrived at Dr. Byrne's. There were numerous other contestants on the side of the road that didn't fare so well earlier in the day.

It has been 9 hard months of work for Grace, but she brought home the gold yesterday as she surged past the single digit percentiles for height and weight. Her performance stats are as follows:

Height: 26 1/4 inches (17 3/4 at birth); 10th percentile
Weight: 16 lb. 12 oz. (4 lb. 8 oz. at birth) 13th percentile
Head Circumference: 44.4 cm; 60th percentile.

Considering that just 6 months ago she was less than the 1st percentile for height and weight, her training and coaching regiment has proven effective. And what can we say about her head circumference? She gets her big head from her mother and her brain from her father. That's pure genetics. Yeah, Grace!

2 comments:

  1. I am just catching up on the last few months. SO glad to hear how well your Grace is doing. We are doing quite well too...Grace started sleeping most of the night a few weeks ago and isn't that wonderful! I hope to talk on the phone soon. I am making a goal to set up some phone dates, so I will be in touch to make a date with you! Love all the new pictures!! She is adorable! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy February Grace!! I just checked the blog for the first time in MONTHS and you look terrific! So glad you have a super cool Mom & Dad to keep everyone posted on your growing beauty & endless discoveries! Stay warm! Love & hugs, The Schlyer family

    ReplyDelete