Monday, June 15, 2009
You go, girl!
Well, Miss Grace not only gained 3 oz. last Thursday at her weigh-in, but she also did it today!!!! I couldn't believe it today when I saw the numbers light up on the scale. After her big 3 oz. weight gain last week, Dr. Byrne recommended that we decrease her post nursing bottle feeds to 2-3 per day, which really made me nervous. Why change it when she's finally starting to gain weight and we found something that works? His thought was that it is not good to maintain such a crazy schedule every three hours as it would only exhaust me, and therefore her milk supply, if done much longer. That made sense, and so the change was made. Having done that, I didn't expect for her to gain another 3 oz., perhaps 2 at most. But what do I know? Time to exhale my breath a bit and inhale some celebratory ice cream! Current status: 4 lb. 15 oz. Target lock on over the big 5-0!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Most people aren't excited for the big 5-0, but in this case, we can't wait!!
ReplyDeleteNow that you got this weight gain under control, Grace, you'll need to work on your boy cousin who seems to be picky and NOT want to eat. You'll need to help him out next week when he comes to visit! We can't wait to see you and snuggle with you!
ReplyDelete