Monday, February 23, 2009

End of Week 22

Grow, grow, grow! That's all we know, know, know! Apparently Baby Lake is around 11 inches long now and weighs around a pound! It is more than evident as I find myself fitting well into all the expandable maternity pants with no belly band to help keep them up. This week I put on a pair of regular slacks, tried to zip them up, and was stopped cold in my tracks. The zipper didn't move an inch or even a fraction thereof!
Baby Lake got lots of attention this week as Doug and I were in the Bay Area for his Stanford work. We saw so many old friends and they were quick to give belly rubs, smiles, and hugs. The gals at my former clinic even threw me a small shower, including a blanket and card made by several former patients. We even ventured up to Napa Valley for a day; Baby Lake received his/her first introduction to the smells of wine and mustard growing the fields. Now on to week 23!

2 comments:

  1. Your baby is going to be born already loving the fine things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Napa - it was soooo nice of your old coworkers to throw you a shower! Just shows how much you are loved! :-)
    Oh, and I'm sure you were "loved" for being the "DD" in Napa!
    Miss you bunches and bunches!!
    Love,
    Macole

    p.s. Thanks for adding the easier posting feature - love it!

    ReplyDelete